Ofsted and Performance table
Derwent Lower School is a high achieving school that has continued to improve results for children over the last 3 years. We are delighted with the success of our pupils in their learning and we have summarised it in the document below:
At Derwent Lower School we are proud of all our achievements. Below you can read our most recent Ofsted report (February 2018) when we were judged to be a good school. The report celebrates how ...
- "Conduct in class and around school is exemplary. Pupils are empathetic, friendly and welcoming to each other and adults".
- Derwent is a school where pupils "achieve above the national average".
- Pre-school and Reception classes "offer exciting activities for children. Staff have high expectations and ensure that children develop the skills, knowledge and understanding critical to success in later years".
- Parents comment "on the 'amazing school' and the 'excited and engaged children".
- "The school's drive for improvement has continued unabated".
- "Governance at Derwent Lower is strong. The governing body is led well and provides both challenge and support".
- "Leaders, including governors, ensure that safeguarding arrangements are strong".
This builds on our 2014 Ofsted report, which also judged us to be a good school and noted how...
- "All groups of pupils currently in the school are making good progress".
- "All teaching seen during the inspection was at least good, and half was outstanding".
- "Pupils behave well, feel safe and are keen to learn".
- "Pupils said their teachers and the work which they gave them was 'the best thing about the school'".
You can also access our DFE Performance Table.