The School Day
At Derwent Lower the school day begins at 8:50am. This is when the doors open for children to go to their classrooms for a prompt start to the day.
- Years 1 to 4 (Rabbits, Owls, Mice and Foxes classes) enter the school through the door onto the main playground which is located at the back of the school.
- Pre-school and Reception (Caterpillars and Hedgehogs classes) enter the school through their classroom doors.
These doors close at 9am when the school bell rings. Children who arrive after this time must be signed in at the main office.
Morning break is at 10:40 until 11:00 for Years 1 to 4, with Pre-School and Reception having separate snack breaks.
Lunchtime is staggered for different classes. It starts at:
- 11:45 for Hedgehogs class (Reception)
- 11:50 for Caterpillars class (Pre-School class)
- 12:00 for the rest of the school.
Children come in from lunch at 1pm (except Pre-school whose lunchtime ends at 12:20pm). This is so that lessons can begin promptly at 1:15pm.
The end of the school day is at 3:15. Parents can collect their child or children from:
- Classroom doors (Caterpillars, Hedgehogs, Mice and Foxes classes)
- The main playground (Rabbits and Owls classes)
Updated October 2017