DERWENT LOWER SCHOOL AND SOUTHILL LOWER SCHOOL
Derwent Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2018)
with children at the heart of everything we do.
We are a friendly, inclusive school. We have beautiful, extensive grounds that are set in a semi-rural environment in Henlow.
Southill Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2016)
which nurtures values, grows inspiration and raises aspirations.
We are a small, friendly school. We have an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the beautiful village of Southill.
To be based at Derwent Lower School
Required x1 permanent Teaching Assistant and x1 fixed term 1:1 Teaching Assistant until July 2021 with the potential to be extended
Salary: Level 2A point 3 or above depending on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday, full time (term time + 5 inset days)
The successful candidates will:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Enjoy a varied workload
- Be able to work on their own initiative but also be a committed team player.
- Have high levels of motivation and be able to engage and inspire
- Be able to be first hand support to named child/children
- Be able to lead children by example
- Be passionate about working with children
- Have a kind and supportive approach towards children
- Be well organised and motivated
- Have the ability to foster good relationships with parents and carers
- Ensure safeguarding and the welfare of children is a priority
- Have a good level of understanding of special educational needs
- Hold or be willing to train in Paediatric First Aid
We can offer you:
- A workplace that is alive with children laughing and learning
- Excellent support from our dedicated team of staff
- A commitment to on-going professional development
- A school committed to staff well-being
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for either position, please download and complete an application here. Completed application forms are to be returned to Jenna Faulkner, Office Manager via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 4pm on Friday 5th March 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 8th March 2021 - time and date tbc
Start date: April 2021 or sooner depending on availability
Page updated: February 2021